The Loctite Threadlocker Blue 242 is designed for the locking and sealing of threaded fasteners which require normal disassembly with standard hand tools. The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces. It protects threads from rust and corrosion and prevents loosening from shock and vibration. Loctite Threadlocker Blue 242 is particularly suited for applications on less active substrates such as stainless steel and plated surfaces, where disassembly is required for servicing.
- .2oz tube
- Protects threads
- Medium strength
- Locks threads
- Prevents rusting of threads
- Seals threaded fasteners to prevent slipping
- Can be removed with hand tools
- Prevents loosening of metal fasteners caused by vibrations
Not Recommended For
- Use in pure oxygen and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials
- Use on plastic parts, particularly thermoplastic materials where stress cracking of the plastic could result
- Clean-Up Uncured: Wipe with damp cloth
- Cured: Remove with a combination of soaking in methylene chloride and mechanical abrasion such as a wire brush.