The Bilco Sloped Wall Doors (also known as a Cellar Door) is installed on areaways with sloped sidewalls that are built into the foundation of the home. Sloped wall doors are manufactured from heavy gauge steel and can be attached to sidewalls of brick, stone, block, or poured concrete for new or existing applications. The door features an innovative lift assistance design. This new design features gas spring operators and supplemental coil springs to counterbalance the door which leaves for easy one-hand operation. The gas spring operators do the heavy lifting and the adjustable coils allow homeowners to fine-tune the operation of their door to match the angle of their sidewalls. Bilco's sloped wall doors create a weather-tight seal that sheds water and keeps the areaway dry, free of debris, and prevents binding due to ice and snow. The frame of the door must overlap the foundation sidewalls by at least 2in. on each side.
Please Note: Door must be painted within forty-five (45) days of installation. Bilco recommends using Sherwin-Williams All Surface Enamel A11 Series in a white or light color. For best results, carefully follow the directions on the Sherwin-Williams label and apply one thin coat of paint followed by a second coat on both the exterior and interior primed steel surfaces of the door. Two quarts should be sufficient to coat the entire door.
- Heavy-duty steel construction
- Designed with a flat frame for ease of installation
- Gas spring operators and supplemental coil springs counter-balance the door leaves for easy, one-hand operation
- Baked-on Sherwin Williams primer provides durable base for finish paint
- Flanged construction and J-channel header shed water and prevent binding due to ice and snow, permitting all-season use
- Available in three standard sizes and extension panels and foundation plate are available to accommodate virtually any areaway dimension
- For use on existing masonry sidewalls.
- Made in the USA
- Door Width: BR-1: 43-3/16in. BR-2: 47-3/16in. BR-3: 51-3/16in.
- Door Length BR-1: 65-1/8in. BR-2: 67-5/8in. BR-3: 74-1/2in.
- Satisfies IRC 2018 Building code requirements for emergency egress in finished basement areas
Simply click on any image to see it full size and click it again to close it