The Bilco Basement Door Stair Stringers are the framework for basement steps. They are available for all Bilco basement doors and their corresponding sizes. The stringers are are an economical and more durable alternative to wood stair stringers.
The basement door stair stringers are installed against a masonry block wall where it is necessary to anchor into the solid part of the blocks or into the joints of the blocks. The stairs themselves require standard 2 x 10 pressure treated or regular construction lumber. Notching a 1" x 1" groove in the lumber will help the tread slide easily into the galvanized steel.
- Two 14-gauge galvanized steel stringers and all hardware per package
- 8-penny nails are provided
- Lumber not included
- If painting, it must be painted with a metal primer before applying the finish coat of paint
- Satisfies the IRC 2012 building code requirements for emergency egress
- Easy to install and less labor intensive than wooden stair stringers
- Made in the USA
Simply click on any image to see it full size and click it again to close it