The FT Synthetics Platinum HT Butyl Self Adhering Underlayment is a high-temperature self-adhered waterproofing membrane that features a black butyl rubber adhesive that is designed to be used as a secondary ice and water protection for steep slope roofing applications. It can be used under most roofing materials such as residential or commercial metal, primed cedar shakes, mechanically attached concrete, asphalt shingle, or composite shingles. Combined with Gripsot technology, the underlayment has a patented slip walking surface with high-temperature black butyl adhesive backing that allows for both low temperature (down to 32 degrees Fahrenheit) and rising deck adhesion and high-temperature stability (up to 265 degrees Fahrenheit). Backed by its limited lifetime warranty, the FT Synthetics high-temperature underlayment has a split release silicone liner for easy removal during installation.
- 100% butyl provides bond to plywood or OSB roof decks
- Compatible with low slope roofing materials such as EPDM and TPO
- Nail sealable (meets and exceeds ASTM D1970)
- Watertight laps
- Shelf life of 18+ months
- Split release silicone liner
- 180 day UV resistance
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Coverage Per Roll: 200 square feet (2 squares)
- Roll Width: 36 in.
- Roll Length: 67 ft.
- Roll Weight: 40 lbs.
- Roll Thickness: 41 mils