The ALCM Asphalt Primer is a premium blend of asphalts and solvents formulated to penetrate and restore lost oils of old, dry roofing felts. This low VOC primer provides a sound base for the application of asphalt coatings, adhesives, emulsions, and cements. The recommended application rate for this primer is 8 to 16 mils of wet film thickness. ALCM manufactures this Asphalt Primer for use on weathered metal and previously uncoated concrete roofs.
- Handles asphalt build up on roofing due to weathering
- Promotes adhesion to weathered roof surfaces
- Use in states with VOC regulations on asphalt primers of 350 g/l or less
- Can be used in any OTC state
- Product yield to achieve desired rate will be from .5 to 1.0 gallons per 100 square feet
- V.O.C Maximum: 350 grams/liter
- Percent Solids by Weight Minimum: 63%
- Percent Solids by Volume: 56%
- Flash Point Minimum: 105 Degrees F. (Seta C.C.)
- PH: N/A
- Viscosity at 77 Degrees F: 150-300 S.F.S.
- 1 Gallon Can Weight: 9 lbs.